Cant add a Gmail account to windows 10 builtin mail app (error 0*800c0005)

Dear Sir,

When I try to add a google account to the windows 10 built mail app the following error (in image 1) prompts every time. and when I got back it gives an error code 0*800c0005 as in image 2.

I tried to add gmail account by adding through 'other account POP,IMAP' ; though the account was successfully added but it did not sync and didn't work properly with error notification as in image 3.

Note: My Internet connection is good and I have no issue in adding other accounts. Besides the gmail account works fine when I sign in via browsers

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to check if there are any updates available for Mail App in Windows Store and install them. Also, update the “.NET Framework” from the link below and check for status.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=42643

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you for the kind response. This is not helping me as I already have an updated version of .net framework. The update of Mail application also didn't do much in this regard. Kindly suggest me some other solution.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi, Muhammad.

Thank you for posting your response. We appreciate the time and effort that you have invested in to fix the issue.

If the account has been successfully added and you are facing sync issue, I would suggest that you perform the steps mentioned below and check if it helps.

Steps1:

• Go to the Security section of your Google account
  • Under Connected apps and sites, go to Apps connected to your account, make sure Windows is on the list.
  • After the Google account is connected with your computer, you need to create the new IMAP account. But, before you create a new IMAP account in your Mail app, you need to enable IMAP usage in your Google account. Follow the steps below to do so:
  1. Sign in to Gmail
  2. Click the gear in the top right
  3. Select Settings
  4. Click Forwarding and POP/IMAP
  5. Select Enable IMAP
  6. Click Save Changes

Step 2:

After you enabled IMAP usage in your Google account, you can create the new IMAP account in your Mail app, and everything should work fine. Just follow these steps to create the new IMAP account:

1. Open the Mail app
  2. Go to Settings (Cog icon), Accounts, Add      Account,  Advanced Setup, and then to Internet Email
  3. Fill in the details like this:
  • Account Name: {any string like “My Gmail”}
  • Your Name: {your name like “Fred Bloggs”}
  • Incoming Mail Server: imap.gmail.com:993
  • Account Type: IMAP4
  • User name: {your gmail address}
  • Password: {the one time password you just generated, otherwise just your gmail password}
  • Outgoing SMTP email server: smtp.gmail.com:465
  • All checkboxes checked

Now try to connect to your Google account with the new Account.

Hope this information helps. Do revert back to us with the outcome, so that we can assist you further.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I also have the same problem.

Did everything mentioned above but didn't solve the problem.

Finally, I turned off the 'Allow secure apps' feature on my google account security settings and everything is working fine now. Perhaps there is some issue with the security settings of the mail app.

9 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 28, 2024 Views 6,250 Applies to: